We're looking for a process-driven accounting associate to work directly with our experienced team in Florida. The associate will handle the day-to-day accounting, managerial accounting, and financial activities, working directly with our startup clients located all over the world. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong desire to work for and with exciting and growing startup companies. This hands-on position provides an outstanding opportunity to grow your career as you contribute to the success of multiple clients’ businesses.
We are looking for detail-oriented candidates with drive, and passion.
This is a part-time position that could move to full-time.
Some of what you’ll do:
Accounting & Reporting:
- Collaborate with accounting directors, managers, and associates to support and balance multiple client needs
- Process/assist with AP, AR, payroll transactions, etc.
- Process GL classification and ongoing account reconciliation to ensure accuracy of client books
- Prepare reconciliation schedules for balance sheet accounts such as prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accrued liabilities
- Support the review of all employee expenses reimbursements for accuracy and alignment with company policies
- Maintain consistent accounting policies and procedures across client
- Deliver high-quality client service to a portfolio of clients in multiple industries
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients and coworkers across various channels
- Interact and foster client relationships while supporting managers and directors
Collaboration & Management:
- Periodically support senior leadership on strategic initiatives and operational improvements
- Assist other members of the team as needed
- Ensure all hours are accurately tracked on a daily basis, and scope of work corresponds with client SOWs
Who are you:
- You have 2-3 years minimum of relevant work experience or a recent college graduate
- You have a BA/BS, from an accredited university in Accounting or a relevant field.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Excel, QuickBooks, Xero, NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify, Stripe, JustWorks, TriNet, Gusto, etc.
- You have an aptitude for learning new technologies quickly and efficiently
- You have some expertise in relevant accounting and control practices and experience with general ledger functions, month-end/year-end close process, and financial reporting
- You have a high degree of personal motivation, work ethic, and professionalism
- You are enthusiastic about working for and with growing startup companies
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are flexible and adaptable in new situations - thrives working in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment
- You have strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines
- You have the ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner
You’ll love working at Graphite because:
- Balance. We encourage you to take the time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places, hobbies, or TV shows
- We’re not just an employer. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental).
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to many professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- We’re fun.
Graphite Financial Group is a growing boutique finance, accounting & strategy firm (www.graphitefinancial.com) built to help startup companies scale efficiently and sustainably. We were born in 2008 in NYC, supporting ff Venture Capital’s portfolio of early-stage companies. In 2016, Graphite Financial spun out and began working with the broader startup community. We are a team of Accountants, Analysts, Entrepreneurs, and Venture Capitalists who are passionate about partnering with early-stage companies to help them succeed. Our roots give us a unique vantage point that extends well beyond vanilla finance and accounting matters. In other words, we’re more than just bookkeepers, though we’re great at that too