We're looking for a process-driven assistant controller with a proven record of establishing strong controls and demonstrated success in scaling up accounting role. The assistant controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee financial activities for our startup clients. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong desire to work for and with exciting and growing startup companies. This is a hands-on position that requires approximately eight years of bookkeeping and accounting experience.
We are looking for candidates with experience, drive, and passion.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits, based in Orlando, Florida.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Be the direct contact point for clients; often working directly with CEO's of tech startups
- Own client relationships
- Improve & design financial processes
- Manage, coach and mentor multiple staff & senior accountants
- Oversee all accounting functions, including the monthly close process, financial statement preparation, and tax planning and compliance
- Define and report on key financial and operational metrics for executive management and Board of Directors
- Coordinate all activities in support of external audits for clients
- Define and manage accounting and financial policies governing the company and its subsidiaries
- Just to name a few.
Who are you:
- You have 5-7 years of bookkeeping and accounting experience
- You hopefully have an active CPA license
- You have a BS/BA in Accounting with 4-6 years of experience in public accounting or corporate accounting
- You have experience in managing high performing accounting teams of at least 3 people
- You have significant QuickBooks Online experience
- You’re an entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex accounting terms to senior executives, audit committee, and across the wider organization
- You have experience designing, implementing, and managing financial accounting and ERP systems
- You possess deep expertise in relevant accounting and control practices and experience with general ledger functions, month-end/year-end close process, and financial reporting
- You are enthusiastic about working for and with growing startup companies
You’ll love working at Graphite because:
- Balance. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places, hobbies, or TV shows
- We’re not just an employer. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental).
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to many professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- We’re fun.
Graphite Financial is a growing boutique finance, accounting & strategy firm (www.graphitefinancial.com) built to help startup companies scale efficiently and sustainably. We were born in 2008 in NYC, supporting ff Venture Capital’s portfolio of early-stage companies. In 2016, Graphite Financial spun out and began working with the broader startup community. We are a team of certified public accountants, analysts, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists who are passionate about partnering with early-stage companies to help them succeed. Our roots give us a unique vantage point that extends well beyond vanilla finance and accounting matters. In other words, we’re more than just bookkeepers, though we’re great at that too.