Senior Accounting Associate - Startup Accounting & Finance Firm
- Full Time
- Graphite - Finance, Accounting & Strategy
- Mid Level
We're looking for a process-driven senior accounting associate to work directly with our experienced team of CPAs and startup clients. The senior associate will handle the day-to-day accounting needs of our startup clients. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong desire to work for and with exciting and growing startup companies. This is a hands-on position that requires approximately six years of accounting experience. Individuals who thrive in this role are able to work independently, as well as on a team, self-motivated while working remotely, with a “can-do” attitude who are not afraid to get into the weeds.
We are looking for candidates with experience, drive, and passion.
This is a full-time position that is fully remote however we do have a coworking space in Orlando that is available as needed. It is nice to see everyone and get lunch once and awhile!
Some of what you’ll do:
- Work closely with internal teams and startup clients to help drive process improvement
- Assist with all aspects of accounting from recording transactions through management reporting and ad-hoc analyses
- Process AP, AR, and other transactions
- Perform bank and other reconciliations
- Update/create supporting schedules for financial statements
- Process payroll for clients
- Perform month-end close activities
- Assist in all aspects of preparation for meetings with portfolio companies
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned by manager
- Just to name a few.
Who are you:
- You have 4 years minimum of bookkeeping/accounting experience
- You have a bachelor's degree, from an accredited university in either finance or accounting
- You have QuickBooks Online experience; QuickBooks Certification Preferred
- You have deep expertise in relevant accounting and control practices and experience with general ledger functions, month-end/year-end close process, and financial reporting
- You’re an entrepreneurial self-starter and team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience designing, implementing, and managing financial accounting and ERP systems
- You have a high degree of personal motivation, work ethic, and professionalism
- You can prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them
- Enthusiastic about working for and with growing startup companies
You’ll love working at Graphite because:
- Balance. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places, hobbies, or TV shows
- We’re not just an employer. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental).
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to many professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- We’re fun.
Graphite Financial is a growing boutique finance, accounting & strategy firm (www.graphitefinancial.com) built to help startup companies scale efficiently and sustainably. We were born in 2008 in NYC, supporting ff Venture Capital’s portfolio of early-stage companies. In 2016, Graphite Financial spun out and began working with the broader startup community. We are a team of Certified Public Accountants, Analysts, Entrepreneurs and Venture Capitalists who are passionate about partnering with early-stage companies to help them succeed. Our roots give us a unique vantage point that extends well beyond vanilla finance and accounting matters. In other words, we’re more than just bookkeepers, though we’re great at that too.