Senior Venture Capital Financial Analyst
Growing NYC venture capital fund seeking a Senior Financial Analyst with very strong Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of accounting and finance. Ability to multi-task is a must. Venture capital experience not required, however a candidate should have approximately three-four years’ experience in banking, consulting or accounting. Position reports to the CFO and General Partners.
ff Venture Capital (ffvc.com) is a technology venture capital firm focused on supporting visionary founders at the seed- and early-stages of company formation and growth. ffVC now is investing out of its 5th seed- and early-stage fund, the $150 Million ff Graphite (V). Our 25+ person team actively works with founders to develop products, target markets, and accelerate growth. With expertise and investments in artificial intelligence, cyber security, machine learning, UAVs, enterprise software, crowdfunding, data analytics and more, we seek emerging, transformative technology and technology-driven founders who create and lead companies that will influence the behavior of millions. Since our founding in 2008, we have invested in 90+ companies and helped to create aggregate market value exceeding $4 billion.
- Financial modeling and performance of "what-if analyses"
- Maintaining records of portfolio company investments, including capitalization tables, “fair value” valuations, investment terms, etc.
- Maintaining records of portfolio company performance, including company financial performance, new rounds of investment and material events
- Standardizing portfolio operational support, including support for each of the Fund’s annual audited financial statements
- Reporting to VC fund databases
- Researching and producing financial analysis of hypothetical outcomes and waterfalls
- Due diligence of potential investments
- Business model research and analysis
- Researching trends and topics of interest to venture capital
The Requirements (DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS):
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or Accounting/Finance
- Very advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in finance/accounting, which could derive from investment banking, management consulting, accounting or venture capital/private equity/hedge funds
- Ability to understand legal investment documents
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects with short deadlines and changing priorities and to communicate effectively
- Highly motivated self-starter who has a track record of continuous self-improvement, high achievement and ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with portfolio company management and to prepare, understand and present financial analysis
- MBA preferred but not required
- You will have ownership of your own duties and projects and manage these duties and projects on an ongoing basis and from start to finish
- You will have direct supervision, instruction and guidance from the general partners and learn all about venture capital
- You will interact with the Funds’ venture capital co-investors, entrepreneurs and consultants and service providers
- You will become a member of the NYC venture capital and start-up eco-system, attend events and participate in industry gatherings
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range between $70,000 to $90,000 depending upon experience
- Annual discretionary bonus of 10-30%
- Participation in bonus plan tied to performance of the fund
- Health insurance
- Great work environment
- 40+ hours per week in Midtown; flexibility in case of personal needs; some telecommuting possible