Paid Communications/PR Intern for an Exciting Venture Capital Firm
If you're a PR/brand visionary with your finger on the pulse of all things media-related, then your place is with the Communications team at this Venture Capital Firm. We're an early-stage venture capital firm based in midtown Manhattan, and we have invested in over 60 game-changing startups, including Klout, indiegogo, HowAboutWe, and Livefyre.
From day one of the internship, you'll be working with the director of communications, who thrives on working on our brand and working with the portfolio companies. This is a fast-paced, hands-on opportunity to showcase your skills--if you're on route to starting a career in marketing, branding, or public relations, there's no better environment for your professional development than this.
What you will be doing:
• Working with the Director of Communications on PR strategies
• Drafting press statements, releases and outreach
• Standardizing portfolio operational support
• Researching journalists and conducting press analytics
• Other creative and strategic initiatives
• Be passionate about both your goals and our vision.
• A solid background in advertising, media, and communications
• Strong attention to detail is a must!
• Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate effectively
• Strong computer skills
• Be an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Public Relations, Marketing or Communications
Join our team to be a part of an exciting, cutting-edge environment. We want the right candidate to start at our New York offices for this spring for a three-month, part-time or full-time commitment. We pay an hourly wage, offer healthy breakfast Fridays, and--of course-- fun treats.
*This position is for Spring 2014 only and earlier*
**This is an internship position only. Because we are a small firm, this position will not lead into a full time employment**
Thank you for applying!!
**HOW TO APPLY
Apply to the Resumator only at http://ffventure.theresumator.com/apply/A7T7Yj/Venture-Capital-Undergrad-Marketing-Intern.html. Save your resume in Microsoft Word format with the name “Last Name-First Name-Year.doc”, e.g., “Ballmer-Steve-2011.doc”. Include with your detailed resume a business writing sample (from work or school).